- slide 1 of 1
5 Basic Things...
When it comes to World of Warcraft guides, there are literally hundreds on the market. Some are good, and some are bad, but one thing is for certain - all of them are going to cost you money. But, shelling out $20-60 for a power leveling or gold making guide is a lot of money and it can be hard to know which guides will actually give you the best bang for your buck. So, just how do you know if you are getting the right guide or if you are wasting your money. Well, being a veteran World of Warcraft guide writer, here are 5 basic things that you need to make sure you have in a guide for it to truly be worth the money.
- Graphics - One of the main things that a good World of Warcraft guide will have in it is pictures. Maps, screenshots, pictures of items, and more... anything that will help players find exactly what they need to find and will help them get where they are going. Maps are one of the main things that you want to have in a guide, and those that usually have maps in them are numbered with the different quests so that you can find your way around better. If you know exactly where to go and what things are by, then you have a better shot at finding where you need to go and what you need for a specific quest. Screenshots or smaller pictures of items are always a plus as well, as these help new players see exactly what they are looking for and what certain things look like.
- Complete Quest List - Some guides brag that they have a quest line, when they actually only tell who which areas to go in and get "all the quests here". A good World of Warcraft guide will have a complete list of quests from the very beginning of the game (level 1) to the very end (level 70) and beyond. This means that it will have a list like this (this is all made up by the way, not really part of any guide): "Go to the end of the dock and get 'A Fishy Meal' from BoBo the Fisherman. Then go to the small hut beside him and get 'Cook My Dinner' from Hagatha the Cook." You want to be sure that you have a complete quest list that tells you the quest name, who to get it from, and where they are located. Another draw back is that some guides have a leveling path for just one race or one class. This is not a good guide to have. You want to have one that will allow you to start from anywhere in the game and play any race and any class.
- Special Tips - All good World of Warcraft guides will offer you special tips and tricks that power leveling pros use to find certain items or to get special loot. No matter if these are scattered throughout the guide in the leveling path or if there is a special chapter on different tips and tricks that you can use, you want to make sure that the guide you choose will help you by offering you something special that will help you along your way. There are so many different tricks and tips that go along with the World of Warcraft that I seriously doubt anyone knows them all!
- Extra Information - Ok, this should go without saying, but you want to find a World of Warcraft guide that will offer you information on professions, making gold, special areas, and more. The more extra information that a guide offers you, the better. You want to be able to pick up a World of Warcraft guide and be able to use it to level and to make gold without having to dig out the information or search the web for stuff that is not in the guide at all. Also, you want to make sure that this information goes along with the tips and tricks and isn't just common knowledge that you can pull off WoWWiki.
- Easy To Use - You want to make sure that this guide is one that a noob can pick up and follow right on through to level 70 without blinking an eye. This is where some research on your part will come in, as you want to read user reviews that will tell you if other players found the guide easy to use or not. By finding a guide that is easy to use, you'll have a better time using the guide and leveling as well. If you find a guide that is hard to use, you'll get discouraged and you will also lose interest in the game that you just paid a lot of money for.
And there you have it... the 5 basic things that make up a good World of Warcraft guide. This means that you will need to do a bit of research on the guide that you are considering buying before you purchase it to see what other users had to say. You don't want to be out the money for the guide and then find out that you can't get it back either. So, before you head out and purchase that World of Warcraft leveling guide, make sure that you know exactly what you are getting.